Anyone have any ideas what would be a great random event(s)?
limited of course to what the engine can do...
I'm thinking one of a kind uber ship that just randomly screws with all the players.
Hello Mad Vasari Titan. I am fine, how are you?
I'd also like to see more random events, maybe some less influential ones.
Your idea though... no, that's what titans are for.
Time travel? You receive some advanced ships (so not light frigates or corvettes) of your race at a random planet of yours, maybe even a capital ship?
Economic crisis. It should be a short event. YOUR income rates are reduced by x percent.
Problems with the Unity, your max allegiance is reduced by x percent because of major problems with the faith.
Slave uprising. Your slaves refuse to work, causing structure and ship build costs to go up in your empire by x percent. EDIT: and research costs are increased as well.
These three are the same event for the races, just specified on their traits. I think affecting the economy of only one player would be better than just decreasing or increasing the income of eceryone in the galaxy..
I was purposely avoiding the random event list...so they would be random events...not events I haven't seen yet..
But suggesting events that are already in the game is a bit.. unnecessary, don't you think?
Sun going Super Nova, wipes out anything within a certain range. Including planets within that range and turned to smaller asteroids and debri fields.
Hahaha. Sounds good. What if it destroys your capital planet though? Insta-loss by the random event....would be tough.
Thought of a good one...... A mini fleet(lost,disabled,) is spawned somewhere on the map...first player to reach them, acquires the lost fleet.
It is not that fair, the first to reach there will always be the player whos territory is nearby, but I like this one.
Mini fleet of lost Vasari Titans?
Not necessarily, your home world would never been in range of the sun in most cases. Especially if you are playing capitals game type. Those are not movable. but if you are not and you lose your capital then you would have to choose another planet to place the capital on after the Super Nova. I think this could be a fun Event if done correctly.
After the Sun dies it would then need some type of randomness to what's then displayed, either a White Dwarf or some other type of phenomenon.
After stars go supernova don't they leave behind neutron stars (or pulsars depending on particle rotation and magnetization) or black holes? I don't know, I'm no astrophysicist but that was my understanding and if that is the case then it sounds like supernovas are just asking to become a thing.
I was so glad to see the introduction of random events in SP. I had seen the topic come up on the forum since Sins first came out circa 08. Adds a certain new level of immersion into the universe/gameplay
Anyhow, new random events. Honestly, I haven't experienced all that are currently programmed, so I might be treading on existing ground, but it would be cool to see:
1) Nano self-awareness. Your nano tech gains a collective consciousness and goes out of control. Could result in damage to ships, structures, and create some type of swarm fleet that starts marauding through the system or infects/kills a population.
2) Planetary Climate Shift: An event such as a comet impact, meteor shower, or core instability changes one planet type to another. For example, tectonic shifts turn a Terran planet to an Oceanic planet. Meteor impact turns a planet barren. Some type of industrial accident creates a Greenhouse planet.
3) New Technology: Innovation and ingenuity creates random tech upgrades to your tree. That would probably be harder to program but would be cool. Or, you gain access to a tech tree option from another race through espionage/salvage
4) Random Wormhole formation
5) Random Phase lane shift (caused by some sort of gravitational anomaly
6) Mutiny. One of your ships becomes a rebel ship
7) Catastrophic systems failure: one of your ships starts a countdown to being scuttled that cannot be deactivated
No they dont, its all dependent really on the size of a Star and its current color. For instance our own Sun is Yellow, it would not go Super Nova, it would expand into a Red Giant. Then one day it would go Super Nova and turn into a White Dwarf.
Give or a take a few Billion years
Yarlen, how about an addon that lets the Pirates become a playable race and the Addon could be Called The Pirate Scurge?
Give the Pirates some love and a few Capitalships to boot too.
Yes it would be awesome, and no need to make huge amount of new ships, only some customized TEC capital ships and a unique titan maybe? Of course having some utility cruisers to help the fleet.
There are many great features available to you once you register, including:
Sign in or Create Account