Hello, I have gone through the settings in skin studio several times and I can't find the setting that controls the following colors/backgrounds/images.
I am currently running windows 7 with a modified Fearomone window blind
1) where is the control that changes the text color in the drop down menu in windows explorer shown here
2) where is the setting that controls the back ground color/ image of the gray back ground here. Picture is of the "edit color" menu of MS paint
3) This is probably the same color/setting as the one above but the image shows the empty Recycle Bin pop up and again I am looking for the setting in SkinStudio that controls the gray background
4) This is a Open File dialog pop up and I want to know what where in skin studio is the setting that controls both the white and gray back ground.
1. That text color is default black and cannot be changed. You will need to have a light background for it. You can find that here: Edit Explorer & IE Shell Parts/Edit Additional Vista & 7 Parts/Additional Explorer Sections/Drop Down Background. Do the Drop Down Mouseover in this section too.2. That is the Button Face color in SKS.3. Correct, that's the Button Face color too.4. The grey is probably the Button Face color too. The white, I'm not sure about. What did you do to make that window come up? I can guess that it is either the window color, or the background bitmap, or it might be unchangable.
In most window blinds skins it is the button face color but not in this skin. I have tried changing it along with every other color in the "Change skin Color" menu and none of them change that color. I figured that it is a setting berried in one of the "extra settings" tabs but I cant find it.
To get the pop up menu go to almost any program (it works for notepad) then go to File-> open
And in case anyone is wondering I did change the color of all of the "show skin color presets" and "skin defined system colors" with in the Change Skin Colors menu
This doesn't make any sense but I fixed the Gray background problem by saving the skin with a new name inside SkinStudio. I am still having a problem with the white background though
That white in explorer is not a color setting, it is an image. In SKS, Theme Part Details, Command Bars, Folders Bar. Create a small bitmap image of the color you want and import it into that area. I use a 20 x 20 image with paint settings of 2,2,2,2 for instance. You can also change the background color of the folders bar itself in the Extra Settings tab for that area.
There are many great features available to you once you register, including:
Sign in or Create Account